The weather in Elk is fair year round, but can be variable – it can be sunny and warm one second and the next can be cool and foggy. Plan to bring warm clothes, as well as layers you can strip off and feel comfortable in hiking or lounging in the sun.
Specifically, we would suggest that you bring, among other things:
- A wind breaker/raincoat (it won’t rain in July, but it can blow and/or mist) !
- Hiking boots
- Fleece, warm sweater or the like
- A sun hat
- Warm hat (tuke) with ear warmers (such as a beanie)
- Sturdy pants for hikes
- Tecnu – For washing away poison oak oils (there is quite a bit of poison oak on the land)
- Small personal flashlight
- A bathing suit for the pool and hot tubs (yes, plural)